We have just posted version 0.27 of the High Frontier video game!
This is a huge release with 24 different enhancements. You can read about them all in the Release Notes, but here are some of the highlights:
- Cash now matters! You will receive a warning when you start to go into debt, and your spending will be cut off (except for emergency services) when you are more than $1M in debt. Please budget wisely!
- High-density agricultural buildings now will not appear until you have done the CELS (Closed Ecological Life Support) project.
- Internet bandwidth complaints now depend not only on the size of your dish, but also how far you are from Earth, and whether you have done the SpaceNet project.
- Builders who are unable to find a suitable site for a building will now occasionally squawk about this in the Squawker feed.
- In management mode, clicking the right mouse button now means “I’m done.” When laying a road, this aborts the final in-progress segment but keeps the rest; in other modes, it simply exits the mode.
Many of these changes were suggested by thoughtful users in the High Frontier forums. Why not come join the conversation? Whether you want to talk about the game, or are more interested in real space, you’ll find a welcoming community of like-minded enthusiasts there!